The Pediatric Ophthalmology Service offers complete, state-of-the art eye care for children up to 16 years and adults who have squint (cross eyes). This includes primary care of common children's eye problems as well as comprehensive evaluations, and follow-up for children with simple or complex eye and/or vision disorders
- Vision testing for Preverbal child
- 3D Vision assessment
- Near Vision Assessment
- Evaluation of failed school screenings
- Correction of refractive errors
- Evaluation and treatment of disorders such as amblyopia, or "Lazy Eye"
- Evaluation and treatment for squint (cross eyes)
- Diagnosis and Management of congenital and juvenile acquired cataract
- Treatment for retinopathy of prematurity, pediatric glaucoma and tear duct disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of visual disorders caused by diseases such as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and other medical and neurological diseases
Children presenting with amblyopia, squint, pediatric glaucoma, and other eye conditions receive not only short-term treatment of the immediate problem, but also long-term rehabilitative care and monitoring of their visual development.